The death toll in a string of food poisoning cases at a Japanese barbecue restaurant chain Ebisu has risen to four after a 70-year-old woman died today.
The restaurant chain has admitted that it had failed for the last two years to conduct hygiene inspections of raw meat supplied for the dish by a Tokyo-based wholesaler.
Around 30 people have been hospitalized in the food poisoning outbreak, with about 20 in a serious condition.
Enterohemorrhagic E. coli bacteria includig O-111 and O-157 strains have been detected in many of the cases.
Nobody cannot distinguish the difference between raw fish and raw meat, but unskeptically we might see them in the same category.
Anyway, we have to say goodbye to raw meat.