Saturday, April 23, 2011

Frustration

These days I can see many TV shows reporting angers or complaints against the Japanese government and TEPCO's response to the nuclear accident.


All they must be a fact, but I don't like those news.





The one I watched this morning said that Prime Minister Naoto Kan had visited evacuation shelters and had talked with people evacuated from areas near the troubled nuclear plant on the day before.

When he was about to leave the evacuation center after spending about 10 minutes there, some evacuees angrily shouted out, "Leaving already?"

Then they criticized him and his government with some strong words in an angry tone.





I turned off the TV at the moment.

I didn't want to see both PM's face and refugees' ones any more...





Actually I can't really understand the evacuees' feelings because I've never experienced such a hard life.

Absolutely the PM neither.



The refugees, on the other hand, might realize that they would not be understood completely.




In other words, it was a gap between him and evacuees that produced the scene of the TV show.




Of course it's so important to put an eye on the situation, try to understand the evacuees' feeling, and keep on doing any support for them.

That criticism had to be inevitable.







Anyway, can you guess why I dislike that kind of TV show?




......Because that kind of TV show includes exaggerated information and it makes us think that Japanese government and TEPCO have been doing only a few things (or nothing) to improve the situation.




Most of evacuees says to the PM or the representative of TEPCO, "Do your best on recovering nuclear plant."



I think this is a rude words for workers trying to recover the troubled plant.


Can you imagine that they cut corners?






What we have to think now is the ways to relieve their frustrations.


And more and more TV shows should focus on that point, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment