Wednesday, March 09, 2011

3月9日 (March 9th)

It is March 9th today.


Every year many students sing Remioromen's "3月9日(Sangatsu Kokonoka: March 9th)" at their gaduation ceremony.






This song is also unforgettable for me.




I started to work at cram school as a part-time teacher when I was a freshman in college.

It was my very first time to teach English and to deal with the students, so my first 9th graders' graduation has a special meaning.

At the end of the graduation ceremony of them, every teacher made a passionate speech of congratulations.

We used "3月9日" as a background music during the speech, and that song moved me to tears.






 Whenever I hear this song, I strongly remember their smiles.


And I'm quite sure that experience must be a root of my every single motivation.




3月9日(Sangatsu Kokonoka)
by Remioromen


[Lyrics Translation]

In the middle of the flowing seasons
I suddenly feel the length of the days
During the days when it is too busy
You and I sketch out our future

With my feelings on the March wind
The sakura buds continue on into spring


The overflowing drops of light
Little by little warm up the morning
After giving a large yawn
I'm a little shy being by your side

Standing at the door to a new world
What I've realized is that I'm not alone

If I close my eyes, you are there
Under my eyelids you live
How strong has that made be?
As for you and me, I want to be together

The dust carried by a whirlwind
Entwines with the laundry to be done
Just before noon the white moon in the sky
I was somehow fascinated by how beautiful it was

Although there are things that don't go well
If I look up at the sky
Even they seem small

The blue sky is sharply clear
The sheeplike clouds quietly sway
The joy of waiting for flowers to bloom
If it's sharing that with you, that is happiness

In the future as well gently smile next to me

If I close my eyes, you are there
Under my eyelids you live
How strong has that made me?
As for you and me, I want to be together

No comments:

Post a Comment